Eye on Design turns a well trained eye on the best new work from the world’s most exciting designers.
Every issue of Eye on Design’s tri-annual magazine explores a new theme that highlights the unexpected intersections of design and the wider world. With each issue, the magazine publishers invite a new guest designer to take the helm and push the boundaries of editorial design, bringing fresh, provocative ideas to life.
“A crisply designed think tank of articles and essays; more literary journal than design showcase.”—Creative Bloq
“A really fascinating piece of magazine-making”—Stack
“The editorial conversation swings effortlessly from print to coding to art, addressing the personal and the political as well as both the detailed and the general.”—magCulture
In this issue:
Eye on Design #04 is the “Worth” issue, filled with stories that question the way we value design—measured in money, power, influence, and feelings. Come along as we:
- Chart the rise of design’s women CEOs.
- Calculate empathy as a budgetary item.
- Scratch our heads over the whole Universal Basic Income thing.
- Map the trail of designers flocking to the West Coast.
- Figure out who’s making money in graphic design—and how the hell they’re doing it.
Sneak peek at the Table of Contents:
- New global survey of gender equality at design conferences—you’ll want to see our tally of the speakers who got the most time on stage.
- Rare conversation with 1970s aerosol artist PHASE 2, whose flyers defined hip-hop style.
- Road trip to the lab where the world’s most valuable shade of red is being made—we have the photos to prove it.
- How to get your American O-1 nonimmigrant visa—real talk from a real-life immigrant with Extraordinary Abilities.
- Plus games, quizzes, jokes, and more.
Featuring: Khoi Vinh, Lance Wyman, Tea Uglow, Paula Scher, Natasha Jen, Sairah Ashman, Min Lew, Keith Yamashita, Lindsay Ballant, Michael Ventura, Noemie Le Co
Crafts & Hobbies - Culture & Lifestyle - Fashion - Travel
Hole & Corner, Issue 18: Details
Hole & Corner celebrates craft, beauty, passion and skill. It’s about people who spend more time ‘doing’ than ‘talking’, who put content above style, whose work is their life…..195 SEK
Architecture - Design - Fashion
Disegno, Issue 22
Disgeno magazine is aimed at those who are hungry for updates on architecture, design and fashion. The three aspects of vanity are very neatly compiled into one very special magazine and it is the most…..149 SEK
Crafts & Hobbies - Home & Garden - Lifestyle - Travel
Lagom, Issue 9
Lagom is a celebration of innovation and creativity — a lifestyle magazine showcasing those who achieve a sense of balance between work and play. ‘Lagom’ is a Swedish word that describes the concept of having just the right amount of something: not too little, not too much. This general theme of leading a balanced life […]209 SEK
Art - Culture & Lifestyle - Design - Fashion
Leon Magazine, Issue 4
Helsinki based independent food and culture magazine with a weakness for fashion. In this issue: A study of class, culture, and gastronomy, The Class Issue asks questions and seeks answers. It does not revel in sensationalism but presents class through an independent lens – freely and honestly across borders. It explores class as a characteristic, a social […]179 SEK