Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Issue seven, Kouta, includes:
· 12 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Lærke Bisschop-Larsen, Kiyomi Burgin, Aleks Byrd, Kristin Drysdale, Carol Feller, Whitney Hayward, Natasja Hornby, Dami Hunter, Renate Kamm, Meiju K-P, Nancy Marchant, Alejandra Pont and Stephen West. (Please see the full list of yarns featured below.)
· an interview with Veera Välimäki
· a long-format story about The Fibre Co.
· my story by Emma Robinson of The Woolly Mammoth
· a Q&A with Annie Rowden
· a travel guide to London featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Patterns & Yarns
Yarn: BFL Masham DK by The Woolly Mammoth, colourway Peony.
Yarns: Shadow DK by Viola, colourway Down to the Wire. Mohair Lace by Viola, colourway Rose Gold Dust.
DAVVI, fingerless mitts
Yarn: Hampshire 4ply by The Little Grey Sheep, colourways Naturally (MC), Dragonglass (CC1), Diesel (CC2), Perfect Storm (CC3).
Yarn: Tukuwool Fingering by Tukuwool, colourways Runo (MC), Mantu (CC1) and Aava (CC2).
Yarn: Devonia DK by John Arbon textiles, colourways Sandbar (MC), Burnished Bronze (CC1), Dark Skies (CC2) and Pollen Gold (CC3).
Yarn: Luft by Woolfolk, colourway L6 Black.
Yarn: Tandem by West Wool, colourway Pebble.
Yarn: Domestic Fingering by Magpie Fibers, colourways Selkie and Cinder.
Yarn: Owl by Quince & Co., colourway Elf.
Yarns: Hera DK by Tréliz, colouway Silver. Silk Mohair by Katia Concept, colourway 215.
BRIOCHE BUDDIES, wrap
Nancy Marchant & Stephen West
1) Nancy’s version: Ulysse by De Rerum Natura, colourways Poivre et Sel and Fauve.
2) Stephen’s version: High Twist BFL by Qing Fibre, colourway Okinami (MC). Melted Baby Suri by Qing Fibre, colourways Smoke (CC1), Sage (CC2), Slate (CC3) and Sponge (CC4).
Yarn: Fingering Silky Merino by Sundara Yarn, colourway Make a Wish.
Wishing you a lovely Thursday,
Jonna, Sini, Antti and Tiia
Crafts & Hobbies - Design - Fashion
The Maker’s Atelier, Issue 2
The stylish bi-annual sewing magazine that will inspire you to make more and take your sewing to a new level. Each issue opens with a round up the season’s colour and fabric trends, inspiring you with what’s new. There are in-depth articles on sewing techniques, fascinating interviews with people who make, as well as fashion stories […]215 SEK
Crafts & Hobbies - Design - Food & Drink - Home & Living
Koel, Issue 6
A new quarterly magazine by Studio Bloesem that celebrates crafting with yarns to create a stylish home. Curating a contemporary interior decor with yarns. It brings back the coolness to decorative crochet, knitting, macramé, latch hooking, needlework, and weaving. Selectively featuring guest stories on other vices of Koel’s makers, such as flowers, food, ceramics and other handmade crafts. […]149 SEK
Crafts & Hobbies
Pom Pom Quarterly, Issue 27: Winter 2018
Pom Pom was founded in 2012 as a quarterly that would present knitting, crochet, and craft in the modern, beautiful, and meaningful way we’ve always known it should be. Mainly conceived as a collection of patterns complemented by thoughtful writing and useful tutorials, we also celebrate the joy of making, hopefully without taking ourselves too […]165 SEK