Noble Rot magazine attempts to join the dots between wine, music and food. We want to tell stories and inspire people to enjoy what they drink, eat and listen to. We is Mark Andrew and Dan Keeling and we started Noble Rot with the intention of giving young and/or alternative writers a platform to discuss contemporary culture from a fresh perspective.
In this issue:
The rip-roaring new instalment of Noble Rot is an eclectic journey through the best in food and wine featuring…
- Critic’s Choice: Giles Coren and Marina O’Loughlin choose the ‘ultimate London meal’ from Bocca di Lupo, Kiln, Kitty Fisher’s, Gymkhana, Bob Bob Ricard and Rules.
- The Beastie Boys’ Mike D on fine wine and classic rock: “1973 DRC Montrachet was a wine that immediately announced itself as monumental – like listening to your first Led Zeppelin album.”
- Francis Ford Coppola, movie legend and owner of Napa’s historic Inglenook winery, Stephen Harris on the highs and lows of ageing white Burgundy, Marina O’Loughlin on airplane food, Rowley Leigh whining about wine in restaurants and Kate Spicer on what wines are hot and what’s not in 2017.
- Profiles of the new wave of Chablis winemakers, La Paulée de Meursault, Henri Jayer & The Dead Vignerons Society, Jean-Marie Guffens, the ‘other’ side of Bordeaux and Essex seafood mecca The Company Shed.
- Recipes from Tom Kemble (Bonhams), Jacob Kenedy (Bocca di Lupo), Stephen Harris (The Sportsman) and Tomos Parry (Kitty Fisher’s).