Noble Rot magazine attempts to join the dots between wine, music and food. We want to tell stories and inspire people to enjoy what they drink, eat and listen to. We is Mark Andrew and Dan Keeling and we started Noble Rot with the intention of giving young and/or alternative writers a platform to discuss contemporary culture from a fresh perspective.
In this issue:
- We spotlight the wines of Catalonia and Jurançon, as well as Burgundy’s often under-appreciated Aligoté. From Els Jelepins and Pepe Raventos to Sylvain Pataille and the uber-cult Clos Joliette, we tell the stories behind some of Europe’s most exciting domaines
- We meet the ‘hedonist in the cellar’, novelist and wine writer Jay McInerney
- We travel to Épernay to taste a bottle of 1895 Pol Roger recently excavated from the site of the domaine’s historic 1900 cellar collapse, and ask how wines age.
- We take a retrospective look at 150 years of Soho restaurant culture, and Suzanne Moore celebrates Greek St’s famous Gay Hussar. Notorious in its day for being the lair of many a plotting politician, it will re-open as Noble Rot Soho in late-spring 2020
- We feature stories about Ballymaloe Cookery School, the 30th anniversary of Marco Pierre White’s White Heat and Emilia Romagna gastronomy, as well as reviews, recipes and musings from Simon Hopkinson, Marina O’Loughlin, Alastair Little, Andrew Jefford, Stephen Harris, Tom Brown, Russell Norman, Rowley Leigh, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, Simon J Woolf, Nina Caplan, Henry Harris, Morgan Dunn and John Niven, among much more…
Food & Drink
Brooklyn Spirits: Craft Distilling and Cocktails from the World’s Hippest Borough
In the popular tradition of farm-to-table cookbooks, Brooklyn Spirits: Craft Distilling and Cocktails from the World’s Hippest Borough, is the first distillery-to-glass cocktail book. Over the past two decades, Brooklyn has become the epicenter of a Slow Food-inspired food and drink revolution. Brooklyn distillers, restaurateurs, bartenders, and cocktail aficionados are changing the way we drink […]299 SEK
Food & Drink
Pipette, Issue 5
Pipette Magazine (formerly known as Terre) is an independent, biannual print magazine about natural wines, distributed globally. The magazine highlights small producers of natural wine, and the communities around them, through an edgy, contemporary perspective. We publish top quality, original journalism alongside unique illustration and photography. In this issue: 2NaturKinder (Franconia, Germany); Desrochers D (Quebec); […]225 SEK
Food & Drink - Travel
Ambrosia, Volume 6: London
Ambrosia explores the lighter side of a region’s cuisine. Through interviews, photo essays, and step-by-step recipes from its great chefs, Ambrosia eats its way through a region, from roadside stands to225 SEK