Noble Rot magazine attempts to join the dots between wine, music and food. We want to tell stories and inspire people to enjoy what they drink, eat and listen to. We is Mark Andrew and Dan Keeling and we started Noble Rot with the intention of giving young and/or alternative writers a platform to discuss contemporary culture from a fresh perspective.
In this issue:
Back in mid-March when Noble Rot restaurant temporarily closed due to Covid-19, it was questionable whether publishing a summer edition of Noble Rot would be in keeping with the mood of the times. But we all need reasons to be cheerful, even in the most challenging days, so issue 23 is a reaffirmation of our original mission statement: to celebrate wine and gastronomy.
In this instalment…
- …temporarily otherwise employed critic Marina O’Loughlin imagines her ideal restaurant, Diana Henry writes about restaurants’ restorative magic, and Honey & Co’s Itamar Srulovich reminisces about his last meal out before lockdown.
- …author and importer Kermit Lynch, Beastie Boy Mike Diamond, writer Andrew Jefford and Noble Rot editor Dan Keeling ask: if they are not drinking their most treasured bottles now, with the world appearing to be self-destructing, when will they do it?
- …Fay Maschler profiles Italian cookery supremo Giorgio Locatelli
- …we spotlight Anjou and Savennières, two of France’s most exciting white wine appellations; talk to iconoclastic Mâconnais legend Jean-Marie Guffens, and take a look at Beaujolais’ long -lost terroir classifications.
- …we feature our guide to the best places on the planet to drink natural wine; Russell Norman reveals the spiciest moments of London restaurant folklore; and we take a fresh look at The Zuni Café Cookbook.
Plus recipes, stories and musings from Simon Hopkinson, Rachel Roddy, Ruby Tandoh, Alastair Little, Jon Bonné, Stephen Harris, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, Simon J Woolf, and John Niven, among much more…
Food & Drink
Pipette, Issue 6
Pipette Magazine (formerly known as Terre) is an independent, biannual print magazine about natural wines, distributed globally. The magazine highlights small producers of natural wine, and the communities around them, through an edgy, contemporary perspective. We publish top quality, original journalism alongside unique illustration and photography. In this issue: Commune of Buttons (Australia); Naboso (Slovakia); […]225 SEK
Food & Drink
Törst – ett magasin om vin, Nummer 4
Törst är en ny svensk tidskrift om kulturen kring vin. Där vi närmar oss vinet utifrån ett tema i varje nummer som utgår från en plats, ett begrepp eller ett fenomen. Med utgångspunkt i vinet tar vi ett grepp om ämnen som konst, film och musik – litteratur, gastronomi, geografi eller teknik. Alltid med vinet […]99 SEK
Food & Drink - Travel
Ambrosia, Volume 6: London
Ambrosia explores the lighter side of a region’s cuisine. Through interviews, photo essays, and step-by-step recipes from its great chefs, Ambrosia eats its way through a region, from roadside stands to225 SEK
Food & Drink
Brooklyn Spirits: Craft Distilling and Cocktails from the World’s Hippest Borough
In the popular tradition of farm-to-table cookbooks, Brooklyn Spirits: Craft Distilling and Cocktails from the World’s Hippest Borough, is the first distillery-to-glass cocktail book. Over the past two decades, Brooklyn has become the epicenter of a Slow Food-inspired food and drink revolution. Brooklyn distillers, restaurateurs, bartenders, and cocktail aficionados are changing the way we drink […]299 SEK